The business of selling meat pie is a life changing venture with good profits. Chicken pie and Meat pie are snacks that are well-loved and enjoyed by people of different colour and nationality; the young children, adolescence, youths, adult and grannies. It can be consumed alongside soft drinks, tea or over a cup of coffee. With the right Meat pie recipe, the profit can jump from 70% to 200%.
The craze for meat pie is not only exhibited by Nigerians only. In fact a lot of people in countries such as the US, UK, Canada and other continent love it too. It’s just so irresistible especially when served hot. To get a peak on its lucrativeness, you should visit fast food joints, Chicken republic, Sweet Sensation and Mr. Biggs. The manner at which these bodies run out of stock will shock you. This shows that there is still enough room for sellers who might be interested in the business.
As the demand for pies prepared with mouth-watering meat pie recipe increases, a lot of restaurants have created a bakery section to display their meat pie in a transparent glass popularly known as a “show glass”. Creative individuals have decided to take the snack to consumers through the use of mobile mini snacks. Our population increase has only helped caused a rise of income to many pie sellers.
A good Meat pie recipe is a mixture of ingredients such as flour, baking powder and other ingredients with carrot, minced meat as filling in their right proportions.
In this article we shall examine; how to prepare meat pie that is best for the business following the best pie recipe, how to apply the correct marketing strategy, reasons you should totally try meat pie business etc. But first I recommend you locate an experienced professional in this field to train you.
TOOLS NEEDED IN THE PREPARATION OF MEAT PIE
- A Table
- 2 Clean baking sheets
- Super Smooth Rolling pin
- A pastry brush
- Two or more bowls for mixing
- A round dough cutter
HOW TO PREPARE MEAT PIE
- Meat Pie Recipe for making dough
- 5 cups of flour (500g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 8 teaspoon of Salt
- 250g of butter
- Cold water that will be used for mixture
To fill your pie you will need:
- 300g of minced meat
- Onion 1 (make sure it’s not too small)
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- Pepper to make it tasty
- 1 Stock cube
- Thyme to give it additional taste
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 2 sizes of carrot
- 3 sizes of Irish potatoes
- 2 cooking spoon of vegetable oil and
- 1 egg
HOW TO PREPARE MEAT PIE FILLING
To prepare your meat pie fillers, you will need to:
- Mince or Grind your meat
- After that, you chop the onions and set them aside
- Wash your pepper and scrape your carrot till it becomes smooth
- Peel off the back of Irish potatoes, wash and cut into little cubes together with your washed pepper and smooth carrot.
- Light a fire and place the oil on it. Ensure that the level of your fire is at medium (not too high or low).
- Place the chopped onions together with garlic into the hot oil and fry until it loses its pink colour
- Pour a cup of water into the content
- Proceed to add thyme, curry, the stock cube and then cover the pot
- Allow it to boil for a period of 10 minutes
- Add your sliced potatoes, carrot and salt to taste
- The contents in the pot should boil until every vegetable is well cooked
- Add 2 tablespoon of flour in a half cup of cold water. Make sure that it completely dissolves
- Patiently mix them and add it to the contents in the pot, stir well until it blends
- Put off the fire and leave the mixture to cool off.
How to start Meat Pie production Business in Nigeria Using Our Meat Pie Recipe
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING THE PIE DOUGH
- Place the sieved flour inside a big bowl
- Add a single teaspoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly
- Before you mix, you should add margarine. Then mix well until the mixture looks somewhat similar to crumbs of bread
- You should add water in bits slowly until you get rough dough (if it is too damp, add flour but if it is too dry, add water).
- After that, you must knead the dough a little and leave it to rest for about 20 minutes. To even make it smoother, you should put it in the fridge.
- Plug in your oven and Pre heat it for 17 `C (335) degree
- You should roll the shaped dough with rolling-pin on a flat surface or on the table. Avoid making it thin or heavy. Instead you need to cut it into a circle shape ( In case you don’t have a dough cutter, you can effectively use the cover of a non-sticky pot)
- Add 1 teaspoon of the already prepared filling in the middle of the round dough
- With a pastry brush, rub the already whisked egg at the edge of the cut out dough and close it well with a fork to form a half-moon shape
- Rub the whisked egg again on every part of the body of the folded meat pie so that it can come out looking appealing and sparkling when baked
- To avoid the pie sticking on the baking tray, Rub margarine on it
- Bake the meat pie for a period of about 40-45 minutes
Not to worry if you cannot afford an oven. You can use a charcoal fire or a stove instead. You can place a big pot with stones at the bottom on fire. Some people opt for sand but its odour sticks the baked pie. This is why many bakers prefer to use stone. Place the meat pie in a tray or pan after rubbing margarine or groundnut oil. Bake until the colour turns brown.
WHY YOU SHOULD DO MEAT PIE BUSINESS
- This business is very easy to begin, with little or no experience.
- It is a highly demanded snack that can be sold at all period of the year. Meat pie can sell for as high as NGN100-NGN300 depending on your location and outlet.
- It can be treated as a home based business.
- With as little as NGN20,000, you can start your very own meat pie business using our meat pie recipe
- It has a great return on investment(ROI)
PROFITABILITY/ CAPITAL NEEDED TO START MEAT PIE BUSINESS
As stated earlier, the meat pie business is very lucrative but you can increase profit margin by items and ingredients in bulk. You can make as much as 50% and above on profit returns.
For example, If supply to 20 places and make NGN2,000 profit for each (20 × 2,000 = NGN40,000), then you are on your way to success.
Making such an amount per day is good enough to fetch you an extra income. You can start this business on a small-scale with NGN15,000 but NGN90,000 and above on a larger scale.
When you start, make sure that your first clients are family, friends, religious groups, co-workers etc. If your pie tastes great, they will perform advertising for you. This will fetch you more clients.
You target market include open markets, schools, shops, motor parks, offices, restaurants etc. If you are a busy person or you run other side hustle, you can set up a mobile mini spot and employ the service of people to manage the place for you. You can also make supply to other sellers by reducing the price since they will be buying in bulk so that they can keep patronising you.
As you begin to record sales and feel your business needs an expansion, you can begin online advertising, print flyers and share.
SOME EXTRA TIPS TO FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO RECORD MORE SALES
- Ensure your pies are super delicious. You can add more milk, water or butter to make it extra mouth-watering.
- Sell in a Location where population is high or a busy spot
- Set daily, weekly and monthly targets and strictly follow them
- Employ good marketing strategies to gain customers and resellers
- Reach out to retailers and wholesalers whom you can resell to
- Be consistent in what you do. No matter what, never give up and you will record a big success in no time.
Watch the video below for more: