- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Welcome to The Union Nigeria.Com. The Union provides its services to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”). In these TOS “you” means the individual using the The Union services and The Union Nigeria.com.ng is the content provider except where the relevant service is provided by another company.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Theunion.com.ng provides its Readers with the latest Sporting news in Nigeria. Our print version is the largest – selling and most widely – read sports newspaper in Nigeria. Theunion.com.ng provides you with access to a rich collection of on-line resources, including, various communications tools, online forums, personalised content and branded programming through its network of properties (the “Services”). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augments or enhances the current Services, including the release of new Theunion.com.ng properties shall be subject to the TOS. You acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided “AS IS” and that Theunion.com.ng assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalisation settings.
In order to use the Services, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service and/or telephony fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
3. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Services’ registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify The Webmaster of any unauthorised use of your password or account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Theunion.com.ng cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply.
4. MEMBER CONDUCT
You acknowledge that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Theunion.com.ng are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Services. Theunion.com.ng does not control the Content posted via the Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You acknowledge that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Complete Communicationsbe liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Services.
You agree to not use the Services to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Theunion.com.ng and Naija Super fans. com forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Services;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by any securities exchange;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or
- Extract, collect, process, combine or store personal data about other users.
5. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognising the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local laws and rules in your country of residence regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the Nigeria, United Kingdom, the United States and the country in which you reside (if different from the aforementioned).
6. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services.
7. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
Theunion.com.ng reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Theunion.com.ng shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Theunion.com.ng EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND OTHER TERMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED TERM OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY Q UALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY TERM AS TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES TO A STANDARD OF REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL OR AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.
- COMPLETE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WIL L BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTA INED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RIS K AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM YAHOO! OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER OBLIGATION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.