Last time we talked about Teni biography but today we are checking out Wizkid biography and networth.
Wizkid is a Nigerian songwriter and singer. He is one of the most successful commercial musical artistes from Nigeria in his time.
He began his music career at a rather very early age despite opposition from his family. He achieved a booming success at a tender age, and has collaborated with leading producers and artistes from Nigeria as well as UK, USA, and Canada.
He is labeled one of the richest African stars as named by the Forbes magazine. He has also been repeatedly named one of the fastest rising stars from Africa by the media.
He became top dog in music league scene back in 2009 after dropping out from university, and has been on a constant air rise ever since. Wizkid is worth roughly $22 Million.
Birthday: July 16, 1990
Age: 29 Years, 29 Year Old Males
Networth: Wizkid is worth roughly $22 Million
Sun Sign: Cancer
Real Name: Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
Born In: Surulere, Lagos
Famous As: Singer-Songwriter
Famous: Black Singers Pop Singers
Height: 5’4″ (163 cm), 5’4″ Males
Children: Ayodeji Balogun, Boluwatife Balogun, Zion Balogun
Partner: Jada Pollock
Mother: Jane Dolapo
City: Lagos, Nigeria
Wizkid Biography and Net Worth- Childhood & Early Life
- Wizkid with real name Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun on July 16, 1990, in Lagos, Nigeria. His family lives in Surulere, Lagos NG. Although his father is a practicing Muslim, his mother is a Christian belonging to Pentescostal denomination.
- His father believes in wives and currently has 3 wives. Wizzy has 12 female siblings and is the youngest of his father. He is also the only male child of his father.
Wizkid Educational Background
- He finished his primary and secondary education at Surulere. Right from his childhood, he has been interested in music but his family did not partake in FULL-support of a full-time music career.
- He joined the church choir to pursue his passion for singing and music. Despite the opposition he got from his family, he began pursuing his music career at a tender age and did the suprising at age 11- he released his first studio album. This was a failure; not the best of attempts.
- He adopted the stage name, ‘Lil Prinz” and his first studio album carried this name rather than his original name in the credits.
- After the failure of his first album, he decided to focus more on his education and completed school education. After school, he gained admission into the Lagos State University (LASU) in 2009, but dropped out as he was not able to focus on his studies.
- After dropping out from there, his parents enrolled him into the “Lead City University”. A private Institution in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. But he dropped out of this university too, after two sessions, as he was focusing more on his music career by now.
According to Wizzybaby, his music career first started from the day he joined his church choir. Artistes like King Sunny Ade, Bob Marley, 2 Face Idibia, Sound sultan and Bob Marley were his early inspirations and inspired him to become a musician.
He credits Nigerian rapper Naeto C with coaching and guiding him when he was 15 years old.
From 2001 till 2006, he performed as a solo artist with the stage name ‘Lil Prinz.’ He formed a band called ‘Glorious Five’ with his friends from the church choir. They managed to release one studio album before disbanding.
He met record producer OJB Jezreel during his struggling days and he became his mentor. He became a regular visitor at Jezreel’s studio watching and learning from the recordings by artists like 2 Face Idibia and Sound Sultan. Jezreel advised him to stop recording for a year and learn by watching experienced artists.
Wizkid biography tells us that he dropped out from the university in 2009, he bagged a record deal with Empire Mates Entertainment (EME).
In the same year, he kickstarted his recording for his debut studio album with the stage name “Wizkid”, which translates to “Superstar”.
On January 2,2010, he dropped the lead single from the album titled “Holla at Your Boy”. On April 2, 2010, he released the second single, “Tease Me/Bad Guy”, from the album and the third single, ‘Don’t Dull,’ was released on December 6, 2010. The entire album was released on June 12, 2011, under the EME label. The songs in the album were in English and Yoruba languages.
A year after (2012), he signed an endorsement deal with pepsi, which was reportedly worthUS $350,000. In the same year he started working for his second studio album, ‘Ayo.’
The album was initially titled ‘Chosen’ but was later changed to ‘Ayo.’ The lead single of the album titled ‘Jaiye Jaiye’ was released on May 2, 2013, and featured Nigerian musician Femi Kuti. The album was released on September 6, 2014. It features guest appearances from artistes like Femi Kuti, Banky W, Seyi Shay, Phyno, Wale, Tyga, and Akon.
On March 5, 2013, he announced his decision to establish his own record label, ‘Star Boy Entertainment.’ In the same year he signed endorsement deals with mobile network MTN and beer company Guiness.
On January 5, 2015, he released the music video of the song, ‘Ojuelegba,’ from his album ‘Ayo.’ The remix version of the song features guest vocals by Canadian rapper Drake, and English rapper Skepta. In April 2015, he collaborated and performed with American singer Chris Brown on a song titled ‘African Bad Gyal’ at Brown’s concert in Durban, South Africa. In May 2015, he released a song titled ‘Expensive Shit’ and also announced plans to release an EP.
In 2016, he did guest vocals in Drake’s song ‘One Dance’ and was also involved in its writing and production. The song was a big hit and reached number one on the ‘Billboard US Hot 100’ chart on May 12, 2016. The song topped the charts in 15 countries making him Nigeria’s most successful pop artist. On June 5, 2016, he released the single ‘Like This’ on Drake’s OVO Radio. On July 14, 2017, he released his third album titled ‘Sounds from the Other Side’ on all digital platforms.
Awards & Achievements
He has been awarded three Billboard Music Awards, a BET (Black Entertainment Television) Award, two City People Entertainment Awards, two MOBO (Music of Black Origin) awards, seven Headies Awards, one MTV Europe Music Award, six Nigeria Entertainment Awards, two Channel O Music Awards, four MTV Africa Music Awards, two Ghana Music Awards, and a Future Award- Wizkid biography and not networth.
Personal Life and Relationships
Quite a number of women have accused him of being father to their children, which he denied, but some have claimed to be true.
In 2011, ‘Nigerian Entertainment Today,’ (NET) after a thorough investigation, reported in its 22nd August edition, that he fathered his first child at the age of 21 and the name of the mother was Sola Ogudugu who was a college undergraduate student at the time.
He kept denying the claim for two years before accepting it in October 2013. In October 2013, he uploaded the picture of his two-year-old son, Boluwatife Balogun, on his Instagram account.
He also has two other sons, Zion Balogun and Ayodeji Balogun, from two different women and has expressed his desire to father a daughter after having 3 sons. All of the mothers of his children were underage ‘baby mothers’ when they became pregnant with his children.
Wizkid Net Worth
According to Nolly.com.ng, Wizkid is worth roughly $22 Million. He was published as one of the Top 10 Richest/Bankable African Artists by Forbes and Channel O in 2013.
Wizkid has received several awards for his music both in Nigeria and overseas. The awards include:
- Promising Artist of the Year, Dynamix All Youths Awards, 2010
- Artiste of the Year, Dynamix All Youth Awards, 2011
- Best African Art, Music of Black Origin, 2011
- Best New Male Artiste, City People Entertainments Awards, 2011
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2011
- Artist of the Year, The Headies, 2012
- Best International Act Africa, BET Awards, 2012
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Award, 2012
- Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year, The Headies 2012
- Musician of the Year, The Future Awards, 2012
- Musician of the Year (Male), Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- African Artist of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2013
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2015
- African Artist of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2016
- African Artist of the Year, African Pride Awards, 2016
- Artiste of the Year, Music of Black Origin (MOBO), 2017
- Best International Artist, Music of Black Origin (MOBO), 2017
- Best West African Artist, Music of Black Origin (MOBO), 2017
Awards For his Songs
- Next Rated, ‘Holla at Your Boy’, The Headies, 2011
- Best Album of the Year ‘Superstar’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
- Most Gifted Video of the Year ‘Azonto’ Channel O Music Video Awards, 2013
- Best Group Video of the Year ‘Slow Down’ R2Bees featuring Wizkid, 4syte TV Music Video Awards, 2013
- Hottest Single of the Year ‘Pull Over’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Most Gifted Duo/Group ‘Pull Over’ Kcee featuring Wizkid, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2014
- Album of the Year ‘Ayo’ The Headies 2015
- Hottest Single of the Year, ‘Ojuelegba’ Nigeria Entertainment Award, 2015
- Video of the Year ‘Ojuelegba’ African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2015
- Best Recording of the Year ‘Ojuelegba’, The Headies 2015
- Best R&B/Pop Album ‘Ayo’ The Headies 2015
- Song of the Year, ‘Ojuelegba’ African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2015
- Song of the Year, ‘Come Closer’ African Music Award (AFRIMA), 2017
Wizkid New House
He owns a house in Lekki Mansion is said to be worth 70 Million naira.
Now that we’ve learned enough o Wizkid biography and net worth, let’s go ahead to learn his quotes.
“We still have a lot of work to do as African artists to get more recognition in the U.K. and the U.S., but right now, definitely, we’re getting the recognition. The thing is, we have to earn it. Keep working. Stay working.”
“These are not dark days: these are great days – the greatest days of our country has ever lived.”
“Great and good are seldom the same man.”
“All you need is God, never forget.”
“Gratitude is a must.”
“I always dreamed of making it big.”
“You don’t have to wait until you are much older to be the best at something or to achieve your dreams.” – Wizkid biography and not networth
Who is the father of wizkid?
The father of Wizkid is Alhaji Muniru Olatunji Balogun
Where is wizkid from?
He is from Surulere, Lagos
How old is wizkid?
29 years (16 July 1990)
How did wizkid started?
Wizkid began his career in music when he was just 11 years old. His first record, Lil Prinz, was recorded in 2001 in collaboration with Glorious Five, a group consisting of Balogun and his friends from church.
Is it true that Tiwa is dating wizkid?
Tiwa Savage opens up on relationship with Wizkid. Mavin queen, Tiwa Savage has finally clarified that the relationship between them was not romantic in any way.Aug 19, 2018
Which school did wizkid attend?
Lagos State University
Ijebu Ode Grammar School
Lead City University
Which secondary did wizkid attend?
Wizkid attended Ijebu Ode Grammar School
Is wizkid a twin?
No, Wizkid does not have a twin
Who is the richest between Wizkid and Davido?
Davido has a net worth of ₦9 Billion, which has an equivalence of $25 million. Wizkid, on the other hand, has a net worth of ₦8 Billion ($22 million). From the figures above Davido is obviously richer than Wizkid, albeit by a tiny fraction.
Did wizkid drop out of school?
Yes, he has. Sadly, he has dropped out of school too many times.
Who is older between Wizkid and Davido?
He is 29 years old, a year older than Wizkid who is 28 years. Davido is just 26 years old
Were is wizkid from?
Wizkid is from Lagos
Is wizkid from a rich family?
His family are middle class.
Who wizkid siblings?
Who is wizkids girlfriend?
To add fuel to the fire, the ex-girlfriend of Wizkid, Tania Omotayo unfollowed Tiwa Savage on social media, and the singer unfollowed her back.Oct 30, 2018
Is Davido richer than wizkid?
Well, Davido and Wizkid net worth shows Davido is currently the richest between the two African and Nigerian superstars.
How much is wizkid net worth in 2019?
What’s Wizkid’s net worth? Putting all his assets and endorsement deals into consideration, Wizkid is said to command a net worth of roughly $22 million, according to several sources. If converted to naira, you’ll get an equivalence of ₦8 Billion based on 2019 exchange rates
Now that you finally know Wizkid biography and networth in 2019, kindly support us by sharing.